Pages of Interest

Saturday, March 1, 2008

One month later.....

Sunday, May 06, 2007



Current mood: indescribable
Category: Blogging

Dear Bennett-Chadlen,

It has been one month today since you left us. I have been doing okay....as you already know......I feel you around me, watching me all the time.

Today I can't help but think back to the day that I found out that you were coming into my life......what a day that was.

I was shocked, but also happy......because I loved you instantly. I began to imagine what you might look like..........

were you a boy or a girl??.............................

would you have my eyes??..................................

Daddy's crazy sense of humour??....................................

I knew you would be special.........you had to be........you came from a beautiful place in time.......a happy time........a time that I will always cherish.....

I knew that you would have a generous heart........................

I miss you so much.........
I don't have the words to express just how much.........

I remember how wonderful it felt to have you placed into my empty arms.........oh how I had longed to hold you for the first time...............................
I only wish I didn't have to say good-bye at the same time.

I want to feel you in my arms........
I want to nuzzle you next to my cheek..........
I want to touch you.......smell you.......see your beautiful face.......

I want to look at your dark curls........and stroke them gently........

I want to feel your mighty grip around my finger.......
I remember how you held on so tight.......not wanting to let go........

The tears flow swiftly and silently.........remembering you as you took your last breaths in our arms..............................

I will never forget the look on daddy's face ...........................
~the first time he saw you...................
~the first time you gripped his finger.......................
~when he told me that you opened your eyes and looked at him for ~the first time....................
~and when I placed you into his waiting arms........

You took his breath away.......................................

Bennett-Chadlen..........you have changed my life forever...........
I will never be the same again...................................

You have opened my eyes to the world around me..........
I will never again view life as a mere passage of time.........

With the help of your daddy,and your brothers, my heart has been opened wide..............................
wider than I ever knew was possible....................
with each passing day my love for you grew.......................
and continues to grow.....

I am amazed at the depth of the passion that I feel when I remember you...........................both of you...................
such joy I have never known before.......

Thank you my precious boy......for choosing us to be your parents.

For giving both of us the pleasure of knowing you.........
You are the greatest gift.........................

I am inspired to be a better person.........
Free of anger........or resentment........

I now see the beauty, where before there was only darkness.......

I feel strength and courage to persue my hearts desire, where before I was too paralyzed by fear.........

I didn't know what I was going to do with another baby in my life......................
Now there are moments where I just don't know what I am going to do without you..............................

And then I realize.......I am not without you........

You will forever be a part of me........
And that makes me smile

Lots of love and angel kisses to you my precious sweetiepie,

Mommy xoxoxoxoxo.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Comments Welcome~~Please feel free to leave one <3
Love, Peace, & Nimkee Blessings to you all....M