Pages of Interest

Saturday, March 1, 2008

More great Bennett news!

Saturday, February 10, 2007


Current mood: determined
Category: Life

Hi.....I just thought I would update you all with the other great news that I had forgotten to write about in my last blog.

Since the beginning of December there has been a bit of concern over the size of Bennett's head. They told me that it was measuring a bit small for dates and that they call this 'microcephaly'. No one told me much about it so I just put it to the back of my mind as there is nothing that can be done about this anyway.

I had the ultrasound repeated on Feb. 6th. Again they had to take head measurements. Bennett's head is now measuring as normal size for gestational age. It has caught up since his last visit 3 weeks earlier!

At his last appointment on January 17th they said that he seemed to be a bit growth retarded by about 2.5 weeks. He was measuring to be normal size in December. That means that in the 7 weeks since his last u/s he had slowed down a bit on his growth. This can be common in trisomy 13 babies and again there is nothing that can be done about it.....so I just put that worry aside also. They did tell me that on January 17 he was measuring at 3 lbs. I figured that wasn't too bad based on stuff I had researched.

Well.......3 weeks passed.........and HE NOW WEIGHS 5 lbs!

What a miracle! I can't believe he is doing so well. This is the first time I have hoped for a big baby! I am hoping that his growth continues in leaps and bounds so that he may be a bit bigger and stronger to survive his surgery.

Thank you all for your hopes and prayers.

THEY ARE WORKING!!!!!!

LOVE TO YOU ALL....FROM ME & BENNETT

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Comments Welcome~~Please feel free to leave one <3
Love, Peace, & Nimkee Blessings to you all....M