Pages of Interest

Saturday, March 1, 2008

March 14th update

Wednesday, March 14, 2007


Current mood: anxious
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes

Time for another update.

Bennett is staying put just as I requested.......but it is now time for a change in those plans.

I attended an appointment today where I had another scan. Bennett seems to be doing well, but my fluid level is a bit lower than it should be. No alarm bells yet, but I will be requiring an increase in doc appointments to make sure everything is fine.

Bennett's diaphragmatic hernia is not getting any worse......so that is still great news! His bladder was full during the test, so the doc said that means his kidneys are working as he is able to produce urine as he should. We are not sure why the fluid level is low, but I am going to try and increase my oral fluid intake and see if that helps......which unfortunately is also going to mean not straying far from the facilities....if you know what I mean!!!!......not that I have been able to anyway.....but it is going to get much worse!

I also have to figure out a way to get things moving in preparation for a possible induction. The doc says if this fluid situation gets worse then I will need to deliver sooner than later. I am not nearly ready for a natural birthing situation......which would be the best for Bennett......so that means I may require a c-section at some point relatively soon.

Let's pray that doesn't happen.

I will be returning to the hospital on Friday morning for a non-stress test (for Bennett, to see how he is handling things so far).....and further scans to see if fluid levels are staying put.....or possibly decreasing.

I am supposed to be visiting with my other little guys this weekend also, so I am really hoping that can happen. My mom is coming to pick up Tanner & I and take us to a hotel for the weekend. The boys can swim......I can visit them for a couple days......and then Tanner will be returning with my mom.

That is all my news for now.

Thanks for all your love and support.....

Melissa & Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Comments Welcome~~Please feel free to leave one <3
Love, Peace, & Nimkee Blessings to you all....M