Pages of Interest

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

~What makes a Mother?~


What makes a Mother?
I thought of you and closed my eyes, and prayed to God today.
I asked, “What makes a Mother?” and I know I heard him say:

“A Mother has a baby, this we know is true.”

“But God, can you be a Mother when your baby’s not with you?”

“Yes you can”, He replied with a confidence in His voice,
“I give many women babies, when they leave is not their choice.

Some I send for a lifetime, and others for a day,
And some I send to feel your womb, but there’s no need to stay.”

“I just don’t understand this God, I want my baby here.”

 He took a breath and cleared His throat, and then I saw a tear.

“I wish I could show you what your child is doing today.  If you could see your child smile with other children and say:”

“We go to Earth and learn our lessons of love and life and fear.   
My Mommy loved me oh so much I got to come straight here.   
I feel so lucky to have a Mom who had so much love for me, 
I learned my lesson very quickly;   
My Mommy set me free.   
I miss my Mommy oh so much, but I visit her each day.
When she goes to sleep, on her pillow’s where I lay.   
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek and whisper in her ear,
‘Mommy don’t be sad today, I’m your baby and I’m here.’”

“So you see my dear sweet one, your children are OK.   
Your babies are here in My home and this is where they’ll stay.
They’ll wait for you with me until your lesson is through,
And on the day that you come home they’ll be at the gates for you.

So now you see what makes a Mother, it’s the feeling in your heart.
It’s the love you had so much of right from the very start.”

~Jennifer Wasik

~Thinking of all my special Mommy friends that are spending their holidays missing their loved ones.  

I send prayers of peace, love, & healing to those that are spending their Christmas in the NICU (neo-natal intensive care unit) with their new babies, in need of some extra tender-loving care.  

May our Creator watch over you, and shower you with an endless abundance of Nimkee-Blessings.  
Peace be with you,
Melissa xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Comments Welcome~~Please feel free to leave one <3
Love, Peace, & Nimkee Blessings to you all....M